Vert Ebene passive housing
Vert Ebene passive housing - LilleThis is……. The future. A showcase for energy excellence. Vert Ebène is 44 certified Passive House social-let homes. Vert Ebène is 80% lower energy use.
Miralu was part of this ambitious projectWork on this ambitious construction began in 2011, with the stated aim of buildinglow energy consumption housing for tenants on modest incomes. The solution to the equation required highly insulated houses that could harness and preserve the heat given off from materials, the sun and the people inside.
Vert Ebène is a forerunner of the home of the future and a flag-bearer for energy excellence.The view from the outside is of elegant green, black and white cubes reminiscent of woodland colours, with a lacquered finish set amid greenery. The interior is a holy grail of restrained energy consumption. Comparatively, with an energy demand of 15 KWh/m² against 70 KWh/m², these 44 Passive social-let houses would make alow energy building… green with envy. Vert Ebèneis a show home for passive energy use. Don’t try switching the radiators on - there aren’t any! Heating is provided from "natural" sources: domestic appliances, lights, sunshine… and the residents themselves! Every single calorie produced in a passive houseis used and retained by a building that is designed to act like afully insulated envelope.
Coated metal from MIRALU was the obvious solution:
- It can create the perfect insulating envelope, eliminating all heat bridges, including at the framework-to-cladding connections.ge.
- Low cost.
- Its large sizes limit joint layout work.
- Compact size offsets the thickness requirements of the insulating wall (36 cm).
- Self-cleaning finish: a deciding factor in preventing dirt and the build-up of moss in this woody setting.
- Visual qualities: a high-gloss white was chosen to reflect the trees around the building, creating an illusion of animated façades. This effect was only possible using 60% gloss coated metal!