A must for the quality
MIRALU AND YOU
Protective films are, as any packaging, a must for the quality of our deliveries.
Applied on the aluminium web just before it is recoiled, the various protective films Miralu use play 3 main roles:
Protection from manufacturing to installation:
- Avoiding scratchesduring the handling & transport operations ;
- Avoiding scratchesduring the forming & assembly operations ;
- Protecting from stainsand other pollutions (within workshops, on construction site etc.).
To do so, the film is sufficiently resistantand adhereto the painted surface. In particular, the film is waterproof and impervious to many other liquids to avoid infiltrations.
- Quick and easy take offat the end of the construction;
- No traces: neither mechanical marking nor glue remains when the film is taken off;
- Good resistanceto external aggressions until the end of the protection phase.
Ourtechnical datasheets indicate the thickness of the various films to allow precise adjustments of the forming processes (tolerances):
Identification and information :
- Opaqueor Transparentfilms: Differ following gloss level (high gloss, satin or mat) allowing easier sorting and logistics management by our customers.
- The printed logovisible on the film allows Miralu to proudly claim the quality of their products.
- The safe outdoor exposure duration is printed. Typically 60 days.
On an outdoor construction site, UV irradiation received past this duration weakens the film with the risk that it might be taken off only in small pieces!
Specific protective films for specified needs:
Miralu use 3 main ranges of films, all with outdoor exposure guarantee:
- Transparentmade of polyethylene with an acrylicglue, specifically for high glosscolours. Thickness: 70 µm.
- Opaquewith rubber glue, higher adherence for satin & mat colours. Outdoor resistance is given for the rubber glue only with opaque films protecting it from the UV. Thickness: 70 µm. Thickness: 70 µm.
- Finally, a special opaque film is dedicated to the textured coloursof the MirabuildThickness: 100 µm.
Always listening to the needs of their customers, Miralu can deliver its products with special films::
- Suitable for laser cutting:
- No emission of toxic fumes during the cutting;
- The film does not retract itself with the local heating;
- 2 specific films: one for CO2 lasers & one for optical fibres lasers;
- Thickness: 100 µm
- Last, for long works on very sunny construction sites we can offer a film with a very high resistance to UV.
- Thickness: 100 µm.
Miralu pay a great attention to the application of those protective films:
he machine used to apply the film must spread it to avoid folds. Although, it is important not to stretch it otherwise adherence and resistance would be reduced. This is made by a special “unfolder” roll while the film tension is continuously adjusted all along the production.
The film pass line avoids any contact on the glue to guarantee the good adherence on the paint.
In practice, film width is 10 mm less than aluminium strip width to ensure that the flatness of the coils is optimal.
To conclude, a funny fact: copper braids connect the film roll to the earth otherwise the operators would get electrostatic shocks at any contact.